QUALITY & SAFETY
QUALITY MANAGEMENT & BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT –
HEALTH, SAFETY, SECURITY AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION
The management of Globaweld are committed to ensuring healthy, injury-free workplaces and minimising their impact on the environment. All of our staff are committed both to ensuring their own safety and to protecting the environment.
- GLOBAL ENGINEERING places a strong emphasis on quality assurance and quality control.
- We are in the process of implementing ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (planned certification date is Nov 2019).
- GLOBAL ENGINEERING does however currently have a quality system in place which has been audited by numerous international clients for the issue of master service agreements, e.g. Rössing Uranium Mine, EBH Namibia etc.
- A strong emphasis is placed on steelwork and to this end GLOBAL ENG have 6 qualified weld procedures for the welding of carbon steel (Plate & Pipe), stainless steel (Plate & Pipe) and aluminum (Plate & Pipe) using SMAW, TIG and MIG welding methods. A weld procedures matrix and welder certification matrix is maintained to assist supervisors with decision-making and access to correctly certified welders.
- We set high housekeeping standards and have constant on-site supervision aimed at maintaining the highest safety standards.
- Core elements of GLOBAL ENG safety policy include:
- Permanent Safety Infrastructure
- Safety Induction system
- Safety Training
- Fire Fighting Training
- Safety Meetings
- Toolbox talks
- Refresher Courses
- Maintenance of High PPE Standards
- Safety Notices & Safety violation record system
- Permit to Work System
- “Time Out” System
- Maintenance and Calibration of Safety Equipment eg. Fire ext’s